Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Stomach Bug

So about 1 week ago, after treating several patients with the stomach virus, I was feeling nauseated and queasy all day! Eating helped it subside some but within an hour it was back. My husband said "You must be pregnant" and I told him no. I knew I wasn't because it was a few days before my cycle was due and I was having some cramping and other symptoms that my cycle was coming any second. I had simply gotten a stomach bug from a patient I treated earlier.

Well, just for the heck of it, I took a pregnancy test that night. If I turned my head just write, twisted my eyes and stuck out my togue, I saw a very faint line. Hmmm...evaporation line?? Plus, the pregnancy test was of the el cheapo inernet variety (pack of 10 preg tests plus 30 ovulation tests about $10) and the reviews on the product were "even the water was pregnant". That morning, I retested and as a control I also tested the water. This time, the water was not pregnant, but the line was muuuuuuuuch darker.

I called my husband at work and told him I think I might be but wanted to by an expensive more sensitive test to be sure. Later that evening, the clear bue easy test was CLEARLY POSITIVE!! So my stomach bug will be in my stomach until July!

This is my second pregnancy. We have a three year old daughter who is absolutely amazing! And she is excited to be a big sister.

Last pregnancy, I did not keep a blog, but this time, I want to. I wanna track what I feel like day to day and what is happening in my body and my life.

That one day of nausea was the only one I had so far, but with my last pregnancy, it didn't get bad until about 6-7 weeks (right now I am only 4 1/2 weeks). I had one day where snacking on cheese gave me hours of heart burn. And I am tired and thirsty, but it seems to not be as severe as the last pregnancy (at least not yet).

We are telling people already which I know is a big no no so early on as anything can happen, but my excited husband could not keep his mouth shut and I'd rather my close friends and family find out from me instead of somebody else.

So here begins my journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment